I am just a normal person, but after spending a lot of time searching for product reviews online, I realized there aren't enough reviews from people who actually use products in their daily lives. I decided I would make reviews that I hope are helpful to others who are searching. Feel free to leave comments, but please make sure they are useful, and don't flame other people's comments. To see how I rate each product I will review, please see Rating Breakdown.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rating Breakdown

Since I am just a real person reviewing products I don't have a lot of fancy measuring equipment. I merely strive to report my general perception in each category that I rate. I intend for real people to read this who will use the products on a daily basis the way I use it. If you have any questions about any product feel free to e-mail me at my e-mail.

Here is a breakdown of how I rate each category:

Overall Experience: This one is pretty self-explanatory. I put the item through normal use and attempt to describe my experience.

Features: I breakdown important features of the item; features that might set it apart from similar products. I then assess how well the features perform.

User-Friendliness: If an item has all of the features in the world, but is nearly impossible to use it is worthless. This category will rate how easy the item is to set-up, use, maintain, etc...

Style: Although style is not the most important consideration in some purchases, it can influence our purchase decisions. With that in mind I determine whether I feel the item is styled in a way that is pleasing to use and own.

Quality: This might be the trickiest rating. I can only evaluate the initial quality of products. Some items appear to be high quality, but fail quickly. I will give my initial impression of quality. If I find a major flaw in the future I reserve the right to update the rating, and I will note the before and after ratings.

Value: Price is a big factor in almost every purchase. Prices are also ever changing. I will list the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) along with the price I paid for the item. I will then rate whether the item is worth the price it can be purchased at, putting a money element to the quality, features, etc.

Total: The total is merely the average rating of the above categories. I use a scale of 1-10 for all categories and the total. 1 would be an absolutely horrible product, while 10 would be reaching perfection meaning that nothing could improve the product.


No comments: